Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the Brooke and the Bookish



Best Series Enders

5. Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke: I loved every page. It wrapped up every loose thread and the characters got to explore their potential to the brink. There were some painful moments and a lot of heart-warming ones. It was a near-perfect ending to a near-perfect series.

4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling: This one could have ranked higher, but while it did an amazing job at wrapping up all loose thread and did justice to the characters and the story it's not as good as some of the older books. I had expected something more from it.


3. The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan: I loved this series and this book was great. I loved every single page. I cried, I laughed, I bit my lip until it bled. 


2. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare: A lot of people were disappointed by this book, especially by how it ended, but I actually was quite satisfied by it. It was dramatic and funny and adventurous and romantic and I loved every bit. 


1. The Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien: Do I even need to explain this one? Magic, suspense, the never-ending battle of good versus evil... This series had it all, and this was a fitting conclusion.  

Worst Series Enders  

5. The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong: Altough this ended exactly the way I wanted it to, I don't think it was as good as the rest of the series. It was a bit all over the place and there was too much left unresolved. It didn't feel like an ending at all. 


4. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater: I loved Shiver and Deeper was okay, but Forever fell flat. A lot of things are left unresolved, I didn't feel drawn into the world as much as I had, the only thing I really cared a about were Cole and Isabelle.


3. Rapture by Lauren Kate: The "Fallen" books have all been kind of trashy, but they were a fun read.They were a delicious guilty pleasure. "Rapture" was just idiotic. I didn't go "Oh my gosh, this is so bad, I'm so ashamed I like this". I went: "Oh, my gosh this is so bad, why am I submitting myself to this?"  


2. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini: This series got steadily worse and worse. And this ending hit rock bottom. The only reason I managed to get trough it was that I had waited for years in order to see what happened. 


1. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyers: This book was a train-wreck. This whole series was bad, but this was awful. It was so bad it wasn't even funny anymore. The whole novel is based on a plot-hole and the concept is absurd even for its own universe. And Jacob imprinting with a newborn baby was extremely disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment