Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Characters Names I Love




Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the Brooke and the Bookish.


10. Cather and Wren from "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell. I thought that the idea of their mother splitting the name Catherine between them was really clever and a great way to show her attitude to motherhood. 


9. Artemis Fowl from "Artemis Fowl" by Eoin Colfer. It's hard to forget and clever. 


8. Celia Bowell from "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. I really like the name Celia, even though I'm not sure about the way it sounds with her last name.  


7. Annabeth Chase from "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" by Rick Riordan. It's old-fashionated and girly, the kind of name that would be suited to the female lead of a period piece. Like her looks, it's misleading in regard of her personality. 


6. Sirius Black from "Harry Potter" by J.K. Rowling. It's badass, which suits his personality. 


5. Severus Snape from "Harry Potter" by J.K. Rowling. Another Harry Potter name. Rowling is great with names and I think this is her masterpiece. It has it all: alliteration, there are several "s" and the word "Snape" reminds enough of snake without saying it outright. 


4. Katniss Everdeen from "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. Admittedly, it sounds a bit like catnip, but it also sounds freaking awesome, which really suits her character. 


3. Deryn Sharp from "Leviathan" by Scott Westerfeld. I like the way it sounds and it really suits her. I especially like the last name "Sharp": it's really cool. 


2. Tris Prior from "Divergent" by Veronica Roth. The combination of first and last name is great, it's a name that's hard to forget. I also like the fact that it's a name she chose for herself. 


1. Magnus Bane from "the Mortal Instruments" by Cassandra Clare. It suits him perfectly. And I just had to chose a warlock last name from Clare's books. I really like the last name rules she created for her characters, especially since it's really hard to come up with four-letter last names that mean something negative and actually sound cool. I tried to and only managed came up with doom, which is unbearably silly. 

3 comments:

  1. Sirius Black! It definitely suits his personality :)

    Great top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tris and Katniss, love those names !

    Check out My TTT

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still kicking myself that I didn't include a Hunger Games name! I chose Four for my list instead of Tris, so excited that Allegiant is here! My STS.

    ReplyDelete