Wednesday, December 4, 2013

W... W... W... Wednesdays 04/12/13



WWW Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading
where you answer the following questions:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently read?
What will you be reading next?

What are you currently reading? I'm reading "The Shadowhunter's Codex" by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis.


What did you recently read? I finished "The House of Hades" by Rick Riordan yesterday. I think that out of Heroes of Olympus, this book is my favorite, and I'll post a review of it soon 

What will you be reading next? "The Naturals" by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I want to check out "Adamant" by Kieran Wisser, mostly because I'm on a mythology withdrawal now that I'm done with "Heroes of Olympus", and this book sounded fun. 

So what's you WWW for this week? Post the link in the comments or, if you don't have a blog, answer directly in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Is Heroes of Olympus a book for kids? I keep seeing the series around the blogosphere but I'm a bit hesitant of actually reading it because I'm afraid it'd be bad or boring if it's for kids.. What do you think? :) Should I read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a middle grade series (for comparison, "Harry Potter" and "Eragon" are middle grade too - it basically means no sex and coarse language is implied rather than written out.)
    It's definitely not boring.
    The characters are great, there are a lot of original and creative ideas and the books blend in some important themes with the action.
    The humor has its ups and downs and not everybody likes it.
    On the whole, I really like it.
    So, here's my suggestion: start with the first series, "Percy Jackson and the Olympians", since "Heroes of Olympus" is the sequel series and while it is possible to read it alone, it spoils the other series. Also, I liked the first series better.
    See if you like the first book, "The Lighting Thief" (it has a bit of a slow start - trust me, it gets a lot better). If you do like it, then you'll probably like the other books in both series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read the Codex. I can imagine all the small details about shadow hunters in there. I hope you enjoy. I have The Naturals sitting on my to read list. I really need to find more time to read. Happy reading and thank you for stopping by my WWW.

    ReplyDelete