Monday, July 28, 2014

Quote-Tastic 28/07/2014



"Quote-Tastic" is a meme hosted every Monday on Herding Cats & Burning Soup . To participate you have to post a favorite quote from a current or past read.
After rereading "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" last week, I have been rereading the second installment in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets." That's where this week's quotes come from.  
“Hang on . . .” Harry muttered to Ron. “There’s an empty chair at the staff table. . . . Where’s Snape?”
"Maybe he's ill!" said Ron hopefully.
“Maybe he’s left,” said Harry, “because he missed out on the Defense Against the Dark Arts job again!”
“Or he might have been sacked!” said Ron enthusiastically. “I mean, everyone hates him —”
“Or maybe,” said a very cold voice right behind them, “he’s waiting to hear why you two didn’t arrive on the school train.”
Harry spun around. There, his black robes rippling in a cold breeze, stood Severus Snape.

“Ginny!" said Mr. Weasley, flabbergasted. "Haven't I taught you anything? What have I always told you? Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain?”
What are your favorite quotes this week? Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Hee hee, Snape, Such an unpleasant man.

    I don't remember the brain quote. It's been years since I read these books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved both excerpts! And that's good advice for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe :) gotta love Harry and Ron when they exchange these kinds of dialogue! Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that scene with them speculating :))
    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snape and Ron had some of the best interactions in the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOo caught! that always makes me chuckle a little :) Thanks for joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete