Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Finds 15/08/2014



FRIDAY FINDS is a meme hosted on Should Be Reading. It showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list… whether you found them online, or in a bookstore, or in the library — wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased).

This week's pick is "I, Morgana" by Felicity Pullman.
You know my name, but you don’t know my story …

After being schooled in magic by Merlin and promised a kingdom, Morgana is robbed of her birthright and betrayed by everyone she has ever trusted. Risking everything for revenge, Morgana uses her magical arts to trap Merlin, threaten her half-brother King Arthur, and turn away the only man she will ever love. In destroying King Arthur and Camelot, Morgana sets into motion a catastrophe that can only be reversed if she can learn from the past in time to protect our future … and so fulfill an ancient prophecy.

In the tradition of The Mists of Avalon comes a new story of Morgan le Fay, one of the most enigmatic and reviled characters in Arthurian legend.

Why have I added it to my TBR list? Well, mostly because it's a retelling of arthurian mythology, which I love. 
What are your Friday finds? Let me know in the comments! 

3 comments:

  1. That book has a very intriguing cover... Thanks for visiting my FF http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/08/15/friday-finds-august-15/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book to read! Here's my FF for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/08/friday-finds-46.html

    ReplyDelete