Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the Brooke and the Bookish. This week's list is of books I really want to read but don't own yet. 


10. "Encyclopedia of Fairies: Hobgoblins, Brownies, Bogies, & Other Supernatural Creatures" by Mary Katherine Briggs 
I find Folklore fascinating, and this book looks amazing. 














9. "The Luminaries" by Eleanor Catton
I have been meaning to read this book for ages, but never get around to buying it 














8. "Dangerous Women" edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardener Dozois
I really like the premise of an anthology revolving around femme fatales, and some really big names are tied to "Dangerous Women" so I'm really looking forward to reading this one.














7. "Rogues" edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardener Dozois 
This anthology is tied to "Dangerous Women", and it ranks above that one for one reason and one reason only: "Rogues" has got a Neil Gaiman story in it. It's about my favorite character from "Neverwhere", the Marquis de Carabas.














6. "Runemarks" by Joanne Harris
Yay for Norse mythology! I really need to get my hands on this book soon.
















5. "The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making"by Chaterynne M. Valente 
I have heard so many good things about this book, and I can't wait to read it. 















4. "Vessel" by Sarah Beth Durst
I recently read "Drink, Slay, Love" by the same author and it was a lot of fun. I like the premise of "Vessel", and I'm looking forward to reading it!















3. "The Burning Sky" by Sherry Thomas
The premise of this book is right up my alley, and the upcoming sequel looks just as interesting.
















"The Blood of Olympus" by Rick Riordan
This book's not out yet, and that's the only reason why I don't own it. I just can't wait to read the final book in the "Heroes of Olympus" series!















1. "Anansi Boys" by Neil Gaiman 
I am a huge, huge Nail Gaiman fan. And I also am a huge, huge, mythology nerd. Combine the two together, and I become immediately hyped for the book in question. How and why I haven't read or even bought this book yet is a mystery.
What about you? What books do you really want to read but don't own (yet)? Let me know in the comments! 


15 comments:

  1. I just the burning sky from amazon because it was 1.99

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list Sofia. I'm really looking forward to starting the Fairyland series. It looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't hear of most of these! However The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making is on my current TBR list; I actually have a copy of it that I just borrowed from the library. I really want to read The Burning Sky, too! It looks so great. Definitely something I'd think I would like. And, well, that amazing cover helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick Riordan is my childhood author :D I hope you get to read this books soon! happy reading xx

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think you'll really like RUNEMARKS, FAIRYLAND and VESSEL! I enjoyed all of those, though the FAIRYLAND series is probably my favorite. I own THE BURNING SKY myself, but I still need to read it...! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea there was a Marquis de Carabas short story! Thanks! I'll go hunt for it now.

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider Silk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to get my hands on the Blood of Olympus. The Burning Sky looks terrific as well.
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately I wasn't able to read any of the books from The Heroes of Olympus series but I did love the original series so one day I will. :))
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Faeries Encyclopedia and Rogues look like interesting and fun reads. Nice choices you made, and the cover for Vessels is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lauren @Between The PagesAugust 27, 2014 at 3:49 AM

    You recently commented on my TTT, so you know some on my list, but can I add yours to mine as well? Especially Blood of Olympus! (HUGE Percy Jackson fan!!!!) I want to read a bunch you have listed, hopefully you'll get a chance to get them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely recommend The Girl who Circumvented....(too long haha) it was amazing even though the writing style was a little different. I have yet to read the sequels though. Also, Vessel is on my radar, along with The Burning Sky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your list, I've not long finished The Burning Sky and I really enjoyed it. Such a great book, it takes a while to get going but well worth buying. I'm with you on The Luminaries and Rogues as well, both books I want to read but I haven't got around to yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some great books on your list. I can't wait for Blood of Olympus either! it really needs to come out sooner so we can read it, right? The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making is a very interesting book. It's not written in the usual style, but it's really good in my opinion. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. AHHHH! Blood Of Olympus I needs it! The Girl Who(you know) sounds so good and I actually already own but simply have not gotten around to reading it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read any of the books you picked - I'd like to read Vessel and Anansi Boys as well. And I still need to read the rest of Percy Jackson, I've only read the first!

    ReplyDelete