Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the Brooke and the Bookish. This week's list of the top ten characters I'd like to be for Halloween.
Katniss is a total badass, and I'd love to be her for Halloween. Additionally, it's a super easy costume to do, and great if you're lazy/have to come up with a costume at the last minute. The only things I'd need that I don't already have in my closet are a bow and arrows and the mockingjay pin.
9 The Cheshire Cat from "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll
The Cheshire Cat is by far my favourite "Alice in Wonderland" character, and it's a bit more original than Alice as a costume.
8. Irene Adler from"Sherlock Holmes" by Arthur Conan DoyleIrene Adler is a total badass. Only woman to ever outwit Holmes, everyone (and one of something like three people to ever outwit him period). Holmes also thought she was far superior to a member of the royal family. She totally deserves a spot on this list.
Sadly, she doesn't exactly have a distinct look, so it's not that much fun to dress up as her. Which is why she's so low on this list.
7. A Shadowhunter from the various "Shadowhunter" series by Cassandra Clare
This is another one for lazy/procrastinating people. It's even easier than Katniss, but it's really cool. Everything needed are: black clothes, a couple of weapons, a cheap black eyeliner and a steady hand. Ta-da, instant Shadowhunter.
The White Witch is the first (but not the last) villain on this list. Why would I want to be her for Halloween? Because she looks super-cool. That's it. I have no deeper reason that that.
5. War from "Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
If you've read the book, you get why I'd want to be her for Halloween. If you haven't read the book, you should stop reading my blog and go read the book. Go on, I'm waiting.
War is a horseperson of the apocalypse, and, being the red rider, she wears all red. And carries a word. I'm all for costumes that involve swords.
4. Arwen from "The Lord of the Rings"by J.R.R. Tolkien
I have actually dressed up as Arwen once before, but I'd love to do it again, because the dress was so beautiful (I was nine the first time around, so I'd sadly wouldn't fit in that dress again).
3. Mina Harker from "Dracula" by Bram Stoker
2. Luna Lovegood from "Harry Potter" by J.K. Rolwing
As soon as I started doing this list I knew I wanted to include at least one "Harry Potter" character. I eventually choose to list Luna. She has some really strange but fun clothes, and I'd have fun impersonating her, and skipping my way through the night.
1. Queen Mab from various incarnations
Mab is a dark queen of the fae, and I'd love to go as her on Halloween. She's also known as "the queen of air and darkness" and if that description isn't enough to get you hyped over he character, then I don't know what should be.
What about you? What characters would you like to be this Halloween? Let me know in the comments!